But then I had an idea, as I was putting on my slouchy hand-knit hat... I wondered how often I have worn some of my knits, and decided to do a graph. Yep, I can be a bit of a geek sometimes!
- So, as you can see, socks are (unsurprisingly) the most frequently worn item.
- My Lore hoodie cardigan is my favourite garment, as is obvious from the graph.
- Some of the winter accessories have recently seen the light of day again, such as my pink cowl and my mitts, as it is now cold enough for them, so their frequency should increase fairly quickly
- My first proper garment, the brown jumper (or sweater for my international readers!), has been disappointly under-worn. I should rectify that this winter.
- My Dragon Tail scarf (my hitchhiker) has seen quite a lot of wear already, considering that it was only recently finished.
As I was already having fun with graphs, I also decided to plot out how often I tend to use certain types of fibre in garments and accessories for myself...
This isn't representative of my stash, and I'm pretty sure my tastes have changed since I started knitting, but I do still love alpaca and wool. As you can see, though, I have a place for all different types of yarns, and although I prefer working with soft and beautiful yarns (although I haven't split out the cashmere and merino from the wool section), sometimes acrylic is the best option for the project.
And I haven't included stashed fibres, like my bamboo or llama yarn, but I'm looking forward to both of them *grins*
So, despite my lack of proper finished object, I hope this hasn't been too disappointing a post ;) I actually quite enjoyed looking at my knitting stats!
For actual creative, fibrey and finished content, you know where to go: Tami. Natural Suburbia. Wisdom Begins in Wonder